Video Marketing is a very efficient way to reach our customers as it is engaging, mobile friendly, easy to share and boosts SEO rankings. However, with so many companies now producing marketing videos, to stand out from the crowd, we need to ensure our productions are completely in synch with our users needs.
Writing a pre-production brief will help you target your thoughts. Questions to ask yourself are:
- Who is the target audience for this video?
- What is my ultimate goal?
- What will be the core take-away message I want the viewer to remember?
- What style of video will best suit my goals:
- live action or animation
- product demo
- expert interviews
- event coverage
- case study
- customer testimonial
- Involve the Design and Marketing teams – they are the ones with the expertise!
- Check your surroundings – ensure there is no reflection in the background and that random people won’t walk into your recording
- Check the lighting on the subjects face is natural and the subject has catchlights in their eyes
- Attach a clip-on microphone to record high resolution audio
- Secure the camera on a tripod
- Shoot in high resolution 3840px x 2160px
- Let the Interviewer know to pause before moving on to the next question or responding to the interviewee (this will help the editor to find cutting points and make the edit smoother)
Corporate Video Production Guide
The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing
Optimize Your Video for SEO
Successful Tips to Promote Your Video Content